The National Safeguarding Co-ordinator for the Bishops’ Conference of Scotland and Personal Assistant exist to:
• continue the development of policy and procedure on safeguarding children/young people/adults at risk;
• co-ordinate the development of a system of standards in recruitment including criminal record checking;
• work with the members of the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisory Groups to ensure that Church policy is implemented;
• work in conjunction with the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisory Groups to facilitate training for clergy, co-ordinators and children’s/young people's/adults at risk workers by offering training materials/sessions;
• develop resources relating to the safeguarding of children/young people/adults at risk;
• provide support, advice and guidance when safeguarding issues arise;
• liaise with other church denominations, statutory bodies and other voluntary organisations.
Jackie will be pleased to answer your questions and to discuss your specific requirements in relation to workshops, deanery meetings and road shows.